We start early in the morning in Mombasa to avoid the intense heat which peaks around mid-day. Our half-day excursion tour to Mombasa City takes us back in history to when the Arabs and the Portuguese sought to control the trade routes of the East African coast.
The tour offers walks through the narrow maze like streets of the old town. We will experience the city market, the big elephant tusks found in the city and the Hindu temple entrance to the harbour. You will visit the Akamba factory of woodcarving, where we will see the craftsmen at work.
Mombasa City Tour provides a good opportunity to gain a greater understanding of Mombasa and its history as one of Africa’s finest coastal towns.
The tour is suitable for visitors of all ages.
Departures are from Mombasa Port, Bamburi Beach, Nyali Beach, Shanzu Beach, Kikambala Beach, Tiwi Beach, Diani Beach, hotels, cottages or homes.
- Old Town with Swahili and Arabic culture
- Fort Jesus Museum, which is a must see to experience the African coast and its history
- City Market with food and spices. Provides a glimpse into local everyday life
- Elephant tusks – Found at Mombasa city gate
- Likoni Channel – The entrance to Kenya
- Akamba factory for woodcarving. Local craftsmen show their skilled trade before your very eyes
- Shopping, people and culture
This excursion includes:
- Transport in safari-designed minivans with sunroof
- Professional guide who will take us through everything there is to know
- Entrance to Fort Jesus and the old port
- We arrive back at the hotel before lunch
A further 10 USD / approximately £7 per person for South Coast hotels will apply.
This trip must first be ordered and paid for by our partner in Mombasa.
|When 2 people||Per person: 75 USD|
|When 4 people||Per person: 60 USD|
|When 6 people||Per person: 55 USD|