It goes without saying that the highlight of this full-day excursion from Cape Town is the encounter with the southern right whales at the small town of Hermanus, roughly 120 km east of Cape Town. Hermanus is one of the very best places for whale watching in South Africa. Every year between June and December, the whales come into the bay to mate and raise their small calves, and it is often possible to see them without heading out to sea at all.
However, we have, of course, included a boat trip in today’s excursion, giving you the best chance of seeing the whales. Please be aware, however, that this excursion depends on the weather and is subject to cancellation – in this case, you will, of course, have extra time to see if you can spot the whales from land.
But the whales are not the only highlight of this excursion. The drive itself from Cape Town to Hermanus and back is also a wonderful experience. The drive along Gordon’s Bay is particularly scenic with picturesque landscapes and great views.
The excursion is only available from June to November as this is whale season. As the excursion is extremely popular in the season, we recommend that you book it from home.
|Per person: £268|
- Safari in South Africa & Cape Town
- Self-drive holiday on the Garden Route
- Victoria Falls, Botswana & Cape Town
- Cape Town, Namibia & Victoria Falls
- Cape Town & Namibia
- Malaria-free safari in South Africa & Cape Town
- Kruger safari, Cape Town & beach holiday in Mauritius
- Cape Town, Namibia & Kruger safari
- Kruger safari, Cape Town & Victoria Falls